TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE IV
TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
- 8 oz yolk-free, whole wheat wide egg noddles
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 oz can) condensed, reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 12 oz white tuna, packed in water, drained, broken into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Cook noodles in large saucepan as directed. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, cook 4-5 minutes. Stir in soup, sour cream, milk and red pepper until well blended. Remove from heat.
Drain noodles; return noodles to pan. Add soup mix, tuna and peas. Toss well. Transfer mix to casserole dish.
Prepare fresh breadcrumbs: Tear bread into pieces, place in bowl of food processor. Process until finely minced. Sprinkle evenly over casserole. Top with paprika. Spray top of casserole with cooking spray.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until heated through...enjoy the tuna noodle casserole !